Staff Attorney (DC Office)
The National Health Law Program (NHeLP)
The National Health Law Program (NHeLP) seeks a full-time attorney to join its dynamic team working to ensure access and quality health care for vulnerable people. The ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills; experience with or interest in federal legislative and administrative policy; the ability to work individually, in national coalitions and within communities of color; and will demonstrate an understanding of the unique issues of health care access and quality as they impact low income people and other underserved and marginalized populations. This position is housed in NHeLP’s Washington, DC office.
· Track legislative and administrative developments relevant to the reform, preservation and expansion of health care, particularly as it affects quality, client-centered care in and for low-income communities;
· Conduct trainings where and as appropriate on quality, client-centered care in and for low-income communities, particularly as it affects quality, client-centered care in and for low-income communities, with a special focus on impacts of health care reform, Medicaid and CHIP;
· Develop analyses and publications concerning legal and policy developments, legislation and regulations concerning health care reform, Medicaid, and other issues in NHeLP’s priority areas;
· Conduct legislative and administrative advocacy in cooperation with field attorneys and health advocates including drafting legislation, performing research, and participating in coalitions;
· Respond to inquiries from Congressional and administrative staff and field advocates;
· Develop and conduct trainings, presentations, outreach and education.
COMMITMENT: Full-time, immediate availability
SALARY: Commensurate with experience; generous benefits
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to:
National Health Law Program
1444 I Street NW, Suite 1105
Washington, DC 20005